Saturday, January 12

Words from Mark

Mark updated his story on CaringBridge

Dear Friends and Family,
I want to give an update and also say thank you for all of the prayers and thoughts that you've shared concerning my situation. First, on the earthly level, I have a great medical team at Norton’s that has just begun the process of getting me better. There could be a variety of different treatment options, but for now the doctors want me to rest from the initial test; we will discuss the rest this coming Monday.

Second, I am so glad that I have such wonderful friends and family who are caring for us through this. Anna, my bride, has been incredibly brave. She is a gem to me, and I wouldn’t want to endure this without her. My parents, Anna’s parents, and all 3 of her loving sisters were here for the first days, unpacking our home and taking care of the kiddos. Incredible grace! My sweet sister Rebecca has been a gift of medical wisdom and care for us. Thanks to everyone at Immanuel Church. Our pastors have been on call and in touch to make sure we are provided for. Thanks to every one of my dear friends who have been more than ready to help and pray to our faithful Father! I can’t believe the care that the Lord is showing for us through all of you guys!

Most importantly, I am so glad to have God in Heaven who is faithfully protecting and guiding our family through this. I can have hope in the midst of this trial because my God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, as a baby to live a perfect life in my place and walk joyfully to the Cross to die a death I deserve. Jesus rose again from the grave, proving He is greater than sin and death and is alive now at the Throne of God! I have a hope that will not disappoint me because I am secure in the Hands of my God through Jesus’ perfect sacrifice for my sin. Most of all, through this suffering we want to see the name of Jesus lifted high and for many to repent of their sin and trust Jesus to forgive them and give them eternal life with Him forever. By God’s grace, He has saved me and has given me a new heart that wants Jesus to be glorified in every area of my life! “To live is Christ and to die is gain (Philippians 1:21).” I am being taught to wait for the Lord. Anna read Psalm 27 to me yesterday and it was a sweet word in a due time:

“I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Wait for the LORD!” Psalm 27:13-14 ESV

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!
Love & Peace in King Jesus,
Mark & Anna Gronotte

No comments:

Post a Comment