Wednesday, January 30

Learning Contentment

Dear Friends and Family,
On behalf of my bride and I, we want to say a special thanks for all your prayers and gifts.  We are so blessed at this time and our Lord has been giving us continual grace through this season.  The letters, gifts, encouragements, and prayers that have been supplied are really keeping us strong and I know that we have such an incredible team in our corner.  All things are possible with our God!  

I remember a man once told me he put all of his trust in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."  I remember it being encouraging then, but like so much of God's words, the big picture of the passage is really where the secret lies.  The whole passage really lays out the eternal joy that is available to those who are trusting in Christ.  


Philippians 4:11-13:
"I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Certainly we have room to grow in all of this, but the kindness that we are receiving from you all is really helping us daily.  Your love and support points us to Jesus Christ who is the foundation of our joy in any circumstance that He leads us through.  May our God be glorified!

Thank for all your love,
Mark & Anna Gronotte

1 comment: